Q901 is an extremely selective covalent CDK7 inhibitor showing potent tumor growth inhibition in high grade serous ovarian cancer and castration resistant prostate cancer.
CDK7 is the master cell cycle regulator, acting on multiple cell cycle check points including CDK1, CDK2 and CDK4/6. It has a fundamental role in activation of CDK4/6 to phosphorylate retinoblastoma protein (RB) to facilitate early G1 prossion. In addition, CDK7 also can act on other check points(CDK1,CDK2), such it can regulate cell cycle even in case of RB pathway is altered and bypassing through other checkpoints.
Q901 is an extremely selective and potent CDK7 inhibitor. According to selectivity profiling panel test, the kinase with more 90% inhibition by Q901 is only CDK7 among 28 CDK/Cyclin complexes. Q901 shows potent tumor growth inhibition in high grade serous ovarian cancer(HGSOC) and castration resistant prostate cancer model(CRPC). Thses HGSOC and CRPC are one of the most serious cancer which are hard to treat with conventional therapy.
Q901 is under Phase 1/2 clinical development.
1. Highly selective, orally available CDK7 inhibitor for cancer therapy (2017 AACR-NCI-EORTC poster)
2. Development of highly selective CDK7 inhibitor Q901 for solid tumors (2020 AACR poster)
3. Q901, Selective CDK7 inhibitor, the new strategy for overcoming primary and acquired resistance to CDK4/6 inhibitors in ER-positive breast cancer(2021 AACR poster)
4. Q901, a highly selective covalent CDK7 inhibitor inducing substantial anti-tumor effect in a broad spectrum of solid tumor lineages. (2022 AACR poster)
5. Evaluation of the potential combination regimens for Q901,a clinical stage selective CDK7 inhibitor, as a DNA damage repair inhibitor. (2023 AACR poster)
6. A Phase 1/2 Multicenter, Open-label, Dose-escalation, Safety, Pharmacodynamic, and Pharmacokinetic Study of Q901 Administered via Intravenous Infusion in Adult Patients with Selected Advanced Solid Tumors with a Cohort Expansion at the Recommended Phase 2 Dose. (2023 ESMO poster)
1. Highly Selective CDK7 Inhibitor Q901 in Selected Advanced Solid Tumors (NCT05394103)
1. Qurient Announces U.S. FDA Clearance of IND Application for Q901, a Novel Cancer Therapy (FDA)
2. Qurient Announces Collaboration Agreement with MSD to Evaluate Selective CDK7 Inhibitor Q901 in Combination With KEYTRUDA® (pembrolizumab) (businesswire)
3. Qurient Announces Dosing of First Patient in Q901 Phase 1/2 Clinical Study for the Treatment of Patients with Solid Tumors (businesswire)